[rt-users] LDAP Summary and supported implementations

Matt Nichols mnichols at wayport.net
Fri Apr 21 15:21:44 EDT 2006

Jim,

I now have your overlay working to auth and lookup/autocreate users
against AD now. I have a couple of questions:

1) It appears that the only way to have an account auto created is if a
user sends an email to rt at rt.site.com (which opens a ticket in the
general/default queue). While I think auto account creation on web login
would be better this will still work fine. Is there a way around a
ticket being created for the first email a user sends? I'd rather a user
get an email saying their account has been created rather than a ticket
opening up just to have an account created. (This will require people to
go find and kill those dubious tickets).

2) When a new user sends an email to RT right now, their account is
created with the email address from ad/ldap. Is there a way to have the
overlay create the account with just the user, rather than
user at host.com?

Thanks for your work on this overlay.

-Matt