[rt-users] Moving a ticket based on the subject line

Rodney Rindels rrindels at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 00:27:47 EDT 2006

Two ways I know of to accomplish this, most easy would be to create seperate
emails for each one, and have your email handler do it for you, but if you
must do it after the fact an on transaction scrip could pull this off for
you.

something like this perhaps in your on "action cleanup"

    my $ticketObj  = $self->TicketObj;

    #Map where item to find in subject,Queue to assign to.
    my %queuemap = ('PC','PCQueue',
                    'SOFTWARE','SoftwareQueue',
                    'EMAIL','EmailQueue');

    foreach my $search(sort keys %queuemap)
    {
         if ($ticketObj->subject =~/\Q$search\E/)
         {
            my ($status, $msg) = $ticketObj->SetQueue($queuemap{$search});
            unless ($status) {
                $RT::Logger->warning("unable to set new queue: $msg");
                return undef;
            }
            last;
         };
    };

    return 1;

of course this will map the first occurrance , so a subject saying "PC
SOFTWARE" would get placed in the PC queue.

Hope this helps (I'm sure somebody will have a more elegant solution)...

Rodney