[rt-users] Custom Field Select Multiple bug?

Mathew Snyder jokermjs19 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 1 22:54:20 EDT 2006

Running v3.6.  We have a custom field with close to 100 items in it.
They are all listed alphabetically so whenever a new item needs to be
added, it gets added in the middle.  This requires a complete reordering
of the sort field for the entire list.

For instance suppose we have item 1 and 2 already in the list.  We add
item 3 between 1 and 2 and make it 2.  When we save the changes we now
have two items labeled 2 and have to manually reorder them all the way
down to the bottom.  Tedious at best, obnoxious at worst.

Is this a bug or is it planned behaviour?  Or worse, have I been
altering a field I shouldn't be altering?

Thanks
Mathew Snyder