[rt-users] Re: RT LDAP

Jim Meyer purp at acm.org
Wed Aug 2 10:32:17 EDT 2006

Hello!

I'm copying in the rt-users mailing list as I'm frequently slower than
they are at puzzling out what's up.

On 7/31/06, Justin Sherrill <jsherrill at currentcomm.net> wrote:
> I'm using your LDAP for RT writeup as of 07/31/2006, for logins.  It's
> working, generally.
>
> It's not autocreating accounts that exist in LDAP but not locally. I've
> set Set($LdapAutoCreateNonLdapUsers, 1); which should enable this, as I
> understand it.  It's not really hurting anything, though.

Actually, that variable means "It's okay to create accounts for people
you don't find in LDAP". Some like to leave it turned off as a spam
preventative.

My first question is: have you installed the callback at
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?LdapAutocreateAuthCallback and
is it loading properly? You can test this by looking at the source of
any RT page, where you should see:

<!-- In autohandler/Auth callback -->

If you don't see that, the callback isn't loading and we'll need to
noodle that out.

Cheers!

--j, at a conference in Boston
--