[rt-users] Rights confusion

Phil Smith III lists at akphs.com
Fri Aug 4 17:07:23 EDT 2006

I'm getting more into our RT implementation, and am finding that there's something eluding me.

I have things pretty well sussed out for internal, privileged users; what's stumping me is external users (customers).

If I make them Privileged (via the checkbox in the user definition page), I can grant them rights on the various queues and make it all work, EXCEPT that their view when they log into RT doesn't show them all the tickets for which they are Requestors.

If I don't make them Privileged, then when they log in, they see all the tickets for which they are Requestors, but they can't create tickets, since they have no rights.

I want them to see the list of tickets for which they are Requestors, but also to be able to create tickets.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,

...phsiii