[rt-users] Configuring RT via mod_perl or fcgid or fastcgi

Dan Stromberg strombrg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 19:15:43 EDT 2006

Hi folks.

I need to get RT working.

The problem(s) I'm encountering is with getting apache to run RT.

I've tried to do it via mod_perl, fcgid and fastcgi, but none of them seem
to be working for me.

With mod_perl, I get that index.html that says "You're almost there".  I'm
pretty sure I have mod_perl built into my apache statically though, because
the apache error log says I have mod_perl when I stop and start apache.

With fcgid, I get an error when I try to start apache:
# /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl start
Syntax error on line 35 of
/usr/local/apache2/conf/extra/httpd-Request-Tracker-fastcgi:
Invalid command 'FastCgiIpcDir', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration

WIth fastcgi, I get an error when I try to build it:
/usr/local/apache2/build/libtool --silent --mode=compile gcc -prefer-pic
-DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -g -O2 -pthread
-I/usr/local/apache2/include  -I/usr/local/apache2/include
-I/usr/local/apache2/include   -c -o mod_fastcgi.lo mod_fastcgi.c && touch
mod_fastcgi.slo
mod_fastcgi.c: In function `init_module':
mod_fastcgi.c:270: error: `ap_null_cleanup' undeclared (first use in this
function)
mod_fastcgi.c:270: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
mod_fastcgi.c:270: error: for each function it appears in.)

I'm using apache 2.2.3, perl 5.8.8, mod_perl 2.0.2, fcgid 1.10, and fastcgi
2.4.2.  This is an on Redhat Enterprise 4 system.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!