[rt-users] Rights confusion

Phil Smith III lists at akphs.com
Fri Aug 4 23:51:05 EDT 2006

That gets me a lot closer -- thanks!

However, those users cannot then create tickets using the web UI, unless I give EVERYBODY the CreateTicket right for one or more queues.  Which means that I can't segregate these otherwise-unprivileged users by queue.

Concrete example: we have two products, Hamster and Llama.  Hamster customers need to be able to create tickets in the Hamster queue but not the Llama queue, and vice versa.  But when they log into the web UI, they're going to want to see THEIR tickets -- the ones they're Requestors for.

Am I stretching RT too far?

If I could put unprivileged users in Groups, I could do this all very easily...but my understanding is that users have to be privileged to be eligible to be in a Group.

Alternatively, if there were a simple way for a given Group to see the initial page that an unprivileged user sees, I could make my customers privileged users, put them in the Hamster or Llama groups as appropriate, and make it all work.

...phsiii