[rt-users] Automatically set ticket to stalled

Andrew Nicols a.nicols at lancs.ac.uk
Mon Aug 7 08:59:49 EDT 2006

Alternately, you could write a new Action to change the status. At present
there is  RT::Action::SetPriority and it should be reasonably easy to create
a SetStatus based upon this Action. The TicketObj->SetStatus method already
exists.
RT::Action::SetPriority is in $RTROOT$/lib/RT/Action/SetPriority.pm

Then you could set a cron job to run, using the rt-crontool with an argument
like:

bin/rt-crontool \
--search RT::Search::ActiveTicketInQueue --search-arg general \
--condition RT::Condition::UntouchedInHours --condition-arg 48 \
--action RT::Action::SetStatus --action-arg stalled

I may be wrong, I'm fairly new to RT, but I should think that something
along those lines would be more modular.

On 8/7/06, Roy El-Hames <rfh at pipex.net> wrote:

> I'll be implementing something very similar soon and my line of thinking
> was an hourly script with:
> $RT::Handle->SimpleQuery("update Tickets set status = 'stalled' where
> status ='open' and LastUpdated < (now() - interval 12 hour)");
> ??
> Roy
>
> Mathew Snyder wrote:
> > has anyone written a scrip or script that will automatically set a
> > ticket to stalled after a certain period of inactivity?
> >
> > Mathew Snyder
> >
> > Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
> > Commercial support: sales at bestpractical.com
> >

> > Discover RT's hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O'Reilly Media.
> > Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

Regards,

Andrew Nicols