[rt-users] Renaming "Stalled" and "Rejected" statuses.

Schultz, Eric ESchultz at corp.untd.com
Mon Aug 7 11:14:56 EDT 2006

> I have a situation where we are using RT (3.4.2) extensively
> as part of
> our support offering, and it has been suggested that we
> relabel a couple
> of status categories to better reflect their meaning internally.  (for
> example, renaming 'Stalled' into 'Called Customer', etc.)
>
> How easy would it be to do this - are the names hardcoded into the
> schema, or are they just called by 'status ID' that can be easily
> redefined?  I'd rather not have to create a custom field just
> for this,
> since that would the most part duplicate the status field (which we
> would have to block out somehow).

In RT_Config.pm (and RT_SiteConfig.pm), it has a place where you can add
more statuses, but warns you not to remove the default ones, presumably
because there is code that references the statuses by name.  If you can,
I would suggest merely adding new statuses and asking your customers to
ignore the ones they don't use.  Just be sure, however, that if you
create any status that has more than 10 characters in the name, you must
then alter the Tickets table so that Status is longer than a
varchar(10).

Eric Schultz
United Online