[rt-users] Automatic ticket resolution

John Rouillard rouilj at renesys.com
Mon Aug 7 16:30:55 EDT 2006

On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 03:23:42PM -0500, Bryce Porter wrote:
> I was wondering if it's possible to set a ticket to resolve itself
> automatically after a given timeframe expires. For example, I've
> placed tickets with some of my vendors, and they always tell me
> "we'll keep this ticket open for 24 hours just in case you want to re-
> explore this issue" or something similar. Any ideas?

Well, in a tracker I did for roundup, I just added a date and action
(state field) so that you coul specify a date on which the state (and
an optional message) were appended to the ticket. Then I used a cron
job to scan for dates that matched the current day and executed the
actions.

Something similar could be done in rt by adding a couple of custom
fields. It's sort of the same idea as escallation. Set the fields and
have an external cron job perform the action.

I don't know of anything ready out of the box though.

--
				-- rouilj

John Rouillard
System Administrator