[rt-users] 3.6.1 upgrade

Andrew Elwell andrewe at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Wed Aug 9 10:05:01 EDT 2006

[FX: Much swearing having missed something in the ./configure output and
trashed / ]

OK - I know I should have checked but I did a configure with the following

./configure --enable-layout=Debian --with-rt-group=root -with-web-user=www-data --with-web-group=www-data --with-libs-group=root

Which as I'd not added a <Layout Debian> section to config.layout (copied from
and older 3.6.0 and 3.4.x dpkg I had) threw up a

checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
./config.pld: line 20: syntax error: unexpected end of file
checking for chosen layout... Debian
checking if database name is valid... yes
configure: creating ./config.status

rather than the expected

checking for chosen layout... Debian
checking if database name is valid... yes
configure: creating ./config.status

As it didn't raise an error that Debian wasn't a valid layout, it was only
during the make upgrade that it copied all the files into / and /NONE/

Please can someone throw in a sanity check that if you use --enable-layout a valid layout exists :-)

Many thanks

one foolish Andrew

--
Andrew Elwell, System Administrator EPCC
Tel 0131 445 7833 (ACF Building)