[rt-users] version 3.6.1--dreaded infinite login

Schultz, Eric ESchultz at corp.untd.com
Wed Aug 9 12:23:08 EDT 2006

> Jesse,
> You mention "You might try backporting the new redirect code
> from 3.6. "
> What code is this?
>
> I had my Oracle dba do a database extract and imported it
> into mysql and
> users who were experiencing the re-login, aren't now...

Interesting.  I noticed I had this same re-login problem on my instance,
when I tried to change my configuration so that the database was used
rather than the filesystem for session tracking information.  This was
in 3.4.1 code, with an Oracle backend.  What I did was uncomment this
line:

#    Oracle     => 'Apache::Session::Oracle',

in /path-to-your-RT/share/html/Elements/SetupSessionCookie.  I was
hoping I would get a performance boost, and indeed, logging in and
having the home page load was faster, but any time I clicked on
anything, I had to log in again.  So I reverted that change.  Of course,
if you don't use the DB for session management, $RT::MasonSessionDir is
used instead.  All things being equal, if I dumped the data to MySQL, as
you did, I didn't have any problems.

However, I thought some people who had the re-login issue had a MySQL
backend?

Eric Schultz
United Online