[rt-users] Use TransactionBatch to limit number of emails?

Marie Gellbäck marie.gellback at jadestone.se
Thu Aug 10 11:06:06 EDT 2006

I have been experimenting with the TransactionBatch stage for a scrip to
make sure that the requestor only gets one email when his ticket is
resolved. A resolve action results in two transactions, a correspond and a
status change transaction. I have defined two different scrips, one that
sends an email to the requestor when the RT user chooses to send a reply and
another scrip that sends a different email when the ticket is resolved. Two
avoid duplicate emails I tried to set the scrip for the correspond action to
use stage TransactionBatch and check in its custom condition that the batch
doesn’t contains a status change. Unfortunately it doesn’t work. With the
TransactionBatch stage an email is sent out already when the RT user hits
the Reply button. Does anyone know how to get around this?

Best regards

Marie Gellbäck

Developer