[rt-users] Creating a Transaction from the Scrip

Stefan Franck stefan.franck at interactive-objects.com
Fri Aug 11 11:22:32 EDT 2006

Hello,

I have some problem with generating a new Transaction from Scratch in a
scrip.

If a new ticket is created, some custom field values are changed
according to the content of this new ticket. I used the
AddCustomFieldValue method which works fine.

Whenever the respective custom field changes a notification mail shall
be sent. This changes could occur as described above or by manual
changes via the interface.

So I guess the best way to implement this is to react on any Transaction
which changes the CustomFieldValue; but then it does not work on Ticket
creation, since the AddCustomFieldValue sets the value without creating
its own Transaction.

How can I make it work as a Transaction?
Is it sufficient to add the Transaction to the database, or do I have to
set the value manually in the scrip and add the Transaction?
Does the Transaction added by a scrip start the new scrip, too, or do I
have to trigger it explicitly?
What values are necessary for a Transaction definition?

I'm a little bit lost here, and the wiki did not help much.

Thank you very much,
Stefan