[rt-users] RT SelfService

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Fri Aug 11 11:58:45 EDT 2006

At Friday 8/11/2006 11:20 AM, Steve Berg wrote:
>Team,
>
>I have a number of my users who need the occasional privileged user
>status so they have that box checked in their user profile but they
>get confused when they want to submit a ticket the normal way.  I
>see if they go to http://rt/SelfService they can get to the usual
>selfservice screen.  Is there an easy way to add that URL to the
>Left Nav menu so they can click on the link rather than having to
>remember the URL?
>
>-Steve

Steve,

You can add items to the menu through a callback. This works for
3.4.2, not sure about higher versions. Create a file
$RTHOME/local/html/Callbacks/XXXX/Elements/Tabs/Default (XXXX can be
whatever you choose).

Contents of the new file should be something like this:

<%args>
$topactions => undef,
$toptabs => undef
</%args>

<%init>
$toptabs->{Za} = { title => 'Self Service',
                   path => "/SelfService",
};
</%init>

(The 'Za' string will place this entry at the bottom of the other
entries. You can play around with this value to position the entry
elsewhere - e.g.'Aa' would place it between the RT Home and Tickets links).

Steve