[rt-users] version 3.6.1--dreaded infinite login - Apache::Sessions (Gentoo) fix!

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 14 10:38:06 EDT 2006

At Monday 8/14/2006 09:33 AM, Roy El-Hames wrote:
>dev-perl/Apache-Session-1.80-r1 did n't work for me ..
>I had rt-3.6.0 installed for few weeks without any of the logout
>problems, few days ago we upgraded the system/perl modules and
>suddenly this problem appeared .. with every page, So I upgraded to
>3.6.1 as suggested by Jesse as a fix, the problem was still there, I
>upgraded apache-session to 1.80-r1 as suggested by Chris and its still there ..
>Is there anything else need changing/upgrading to get rid of this ??
>Also does anyone know what changes there are between 3.6.0 and 3.6.1
>(in html and modules) ??
>The system is Gentoo, apache 2.0.59 , mysql 5.0.24, DBD::mysql
>v3.0006, Perl v5.8.8, mod_perl v2.000002;, RT-3.6.1
>
>Roy

Roy,

I can't answer your question, but I'm curious to ask another question
to all the people who have this problem - do you have a CNAME/alias
for your RT host? We do - the published URL for our RT system uses
the CNAME. I've found that using the actual hostname or its IP
address to access RT eliminates the problem. I have no idea why, but
I'd like to see if others see the same behavior.

Steve