[rt-users] Spreadsheet on reports coming as tsv

Mike Taht mike.taht at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 12:43:31 EDT 2006

On 8/17/06, Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 09:35:21AM -0700, Phanoko wrote:
> > When I select the spreadsheet option after doing a
> > search I only get TSV files.
> > Did I forget a module install?
>
> Nope. TSV is a perfectly servicable spreadsheet format. (Though we mark
> it as an excel file, so the right thing happens when end-users click on
> it)

In my case, I've yet to convince firefox on linux to do the right thing and
hand off tsvs to openoffice in a format it understands - they get tossed
into the writer not the spreadsheet module.

Mike Taht
PostCards From the Bleeding Edge
http://the-edge.blogspot.com
"In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is usually overworked."