[rt-users] v3.6.1 / Logged out issues

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri Aug 18 11:53:42 EDT 2006

On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 10:37:50AM -0400, Tony Graziano wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 04:58:07PM -0400, Tony Graziano wrote:
> <snip>
> So. Is this a 3.6.1 with no local customizations whatsoever
> that's breaking? If so, the right next step is to turn on cookie
> notification in your browser and see if RT is sending a new cookie
> right
> before each forced relogin attempt.  Also, it's worth stopping apache,
> clearing
> out rt's var/mason/obj directory, and starting apache again. It's
> possible for some things to get cached across server restarts.
> <snip>
> Yes, it is setting a cookie at the login again. What gives? Usually it
> is when a ticket is being reolved (with or without response to
> requestors, or when manually creating a new ticket and "saving it". All
> the input is saved, and it takes you right back to the same ticket.I did
> stop apache and clean the obj directory, and turned on firefox to prompt
> for all cookies. When i got kicked out to the login screen, it prompted
> me to set a cookie when I hit "Login".

That's very strange and somewhat unexpected with 3.6.1.

Try enabling this option in your RT_Config:

# $WebSessionClass is the class you wish to use for managing Sessions.
# It defaults to use your SQL database, but if you are using MySQL 3.x
# and
# plans to use non-ascii Queue names, uncomment and add this line to
# RT_SiteConfig.pm will prevent session corruption.

# Set($WebSessionClass , 'Apache::Session::File');