[rt-users] Might have worked out why RTFM isn't working

Marco van Beek marco at supporting-role.co.uk
Mon Aug 21 08:36:27 EDT 2006

Hi,

I think I might have worked out why I cannot get RTFM to work. I have
spotted a discrepancy in the library files.

The Debian package for request-tracker3.4 installs a set of files in
/usr/share/request-tracker3.4/lib/RT/Interface/

The Debian package for rtfm has what appears to be an updated Web.pm but
thinks it lives in ./RT/Framework/Interface/

The tarball for RTFM has no such file, so I assume the changes are made
by the installer somewhere.

However, when I overwrite the RT version of the file with the one from
the RTFM package, it falls over, so I am still missing something here.

I am 95% sure that the problem is that RT does not know about RTFM, so
that is the bit I need to sort out.

Regards,

Marco.