[rt-users] Viewing tickets without login

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman at northwestern.edu
Mon Aug 21 15:56:40 EDT 2006

On 8/21/06, Shannon Adams <shannon_adams68 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I want to be able to send users a link to a ticket and
> have them be able to view it in RT without being
> required to login.  Obviously, they will only have
> read only access.  Is there a flag in the
> configuration to allow this?

The most common way to do this is to create a guest user with the
appropriate limited permissions. You then pass the username and password as
part of the URL. For example, http://rt3.fsck.com/?user=guest&pass=guest

Michael
Michael S. Liebman                      m-liebman at northwestern.edu
                  http://msl521.freeshell.org/
"I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
        -Paul Newman in "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"