[rt-users] RT 3.6 performance problems

Jackie Hamilton kira at lightsphere.com
Mon Aug 21 17:32:51 EDT 2006

I've just upgraded our RT install to 3.6.1, and am having some problems with it.

I can log in ok; I see the landing page; I can edit configuration, preferences, tools, etc. But the Tickets link is the link of doom.

If I click on "Tickets", I get the beginnings of a Query Builder page, but it just thrashes around in an endless load state for about 10 minutes (with apache chewing up >700 meg and 99% cpu), then eventually dies. I get a partial form - pull-downs for id, subject, queue, status and owner. It gets about halfway through the Owner list before dying.

We're using MySQL 5.0.22, and we have 156,000 users in the Users table.  I'm suspecting that's the problem.

I'm curious if anyone else is successfully using RT3 for a large number of users? Is there any solution here other than deleting a bunch of users?

Thanks,

-- Jackie Hamilton
kira at lightsphere.com