[rt-users] Upgrading to RT 3.6.1 from RT 3.4.1 and 3.0.11 with older MySql versions on them.

Mathew Snyder jokermjs19 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 21 18:46:59 EDT 2006

You're stuck doing the upgrade.  Each revision introduces new aspects to
the database schema that need to be integrated smoothly in order to make
everything work well.  It isn't that big a process.  Simply import the
database onto the new machine's instance of MySQL and run 'make upgrade'
for 3.6.1.  It will update the schema to the proper settings for use
with the newer version.  The same can be done for 3.4.1.

By trying other methods you are creating more work than will be done by
simply running the upgrade in the first place.

Mathew Snyder