[rt-users] RT incoming mail gateway

Torsten Brumm torsten.brumm at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 22 06:03:27 EDT 2006

Hi Sudhir,

you can simply use this way:

1. Create a Cron Job for a user: */10 * * * * /usr/bin/fetchmail --silent
2. Create a Fetchmailrc for this user to use the pop3 mailboxes

poll pop3.domain.com
    auth password
    proto POP3
    user rt at domain.com is rt at localhost here
    pass yourpass
    fetchall

3. Do rest like normally in RT (Alias File)

2006/8/21, Sudhir Damle <sudhir at stratogent.com>:

> Hi All,
>
> Question about incoming mail gateway.
>
> We do not have incoming mails coming directly to RT server also cannot
> configure rt-mailgate on our mail server.
>
> Has anybody configured it such a way that it will pop mails from another
> mail server?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions, comments, and help.
>
> Sudhir Damle
> Stratogent LLC.

MFG

Torsten Brumm