[rt-users] Question about RT CLI custom field / web-interface

Joshua Colson jcolson at voidgate.org
Tue Aug 22 12:54:41 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-22 at 07:08 -0500, lists at tswireless.net wrote:
> Can you elaborate on this.  I can't seem to figure out how to display my
> custom fields via the cli.  I am using rt 0.02 which came with rt-3.6.1
>
> Carl

Assuming you have a custom field called 'Training' associated with
ticket number 45367, you could do the following:

user at host:> rt show -f CF-Training,Subject,Priority ticket/45367
id: ticket/45367
CF-Training: Yes
Subject: Whatever the subject is currently set to

The confusing thing about the rt CLI tool in regard to custom fields is
that searching requires a syntax like 'CF.{Training}' and showing uses
the 'CF-Training' form.

HTH

--
Joshua Colson <jcolson at voidgate.org>