[rt-users] help! RT::Action::NotifyGroup help!

Jason Marshall jasonm at kelman.com
Thu Aug 24 11:46:10 EDT 2006

Good morning!  Let me begin by saying I am NOT a perl programmer, and I
have no idea what I'm doing.

I have made a custom condition that tries to invoke
RT::Action::NotifyGroup in the commit stage, but I can't make it do
anything.

I've tried all the random stupid stuff I can think of, but haven't hit the
right combination of guesses yet.

Right now, I have:

   require RT::Action::NotifyGroup;
   $RT::Action::NotifyGroup->SetRecipients('Systems');

in the Custom action cleanup code: section.

The error I get in the logfile is:

[Thu Aug 24 15:44:17 2006] [error]: Scrip 15 Commit failed: Can't call
method "SetRecipients" on an undefined value at (eval 450) line 2.

To me, this means nothing.  What is it saying is undefined?  Is it
expecting more arguments?  I've tried pretty well everything I can think
of...

Thanks in advance!!

---
Jason Marshall, Unix Geek, Kelman Technologies, Inc., Calgary, AB, Canada.

   From a Sun Microsystems bug report (#4102680):
     "Workaround: don't pound on the mouse like a wild monkey."

   "I have great faith in fools:
      Self confidence my friends call it."  -Edgar Allan Poe