[rt-users] WhereTFis "RT::Action::SendPasswordEmail" ?

Ole Craig ocraig at stillsecure.com
Mon Aug 28 04:02:22 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 00:14 -0600, Ole Craig wrote:
> In 3.6.0 and 3.6.1, the stock User_Overlay.pm references
> RT::Action::SendPasswordEmail, which doesn't seem to exist in either
> tarball.

[...]
> Where can I find this class?

Grrr. Of course, after I thought to Google for "SendPasswordEmail"
instead of "SendPasswordEmail.pm" I found (only slightly) more useful
hints and allegations... and finally stumbled across
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?PasswordReminder which gave me
enough to work with. Thank you, HCoyote!

Note to anyone else running this particular gauntlet who happens to find
this while archive-diving: any user to whom you wish to mail a password
using this method must have the "ShowTemplate" right (to send mail) as
well as the "ModifySelf" right (to change the password in the first
place.)

Jesse, you might consider sticking a "Warning! Unfinished!" comment into
the ResetPassword function. (Or else remove it entirely, since it seems
to have been lying around in this state since basically its first
appearance, circa 2.0.9..)

--
/Ole Craig
Security Engineer