[rt-users] Almost there!

Andrew Nicols a.nicols at lancs.ac.uk
Tue Aug 29 11:41:49 EDT 2006

On 8/29/06, Ben Weston <ben at computerhelpme.com> wrote:

> Here is what I have for an httpd.conf at this point.
>    <Directory /opt/rt34/share/html>
>        Order allow,deny
>        Allow from all
>        SetHandler perl-script
>        PerlResponseHandler RT::Mason
>    </Directory>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Possibly unrelated...  I'm fairly new to Apache as well.  One thing I
> don't understand is:
> <Directory /opt/rt34/share/html>
>
> /opt/rt34 doesn't exist (it's /opt/rt3).  However if I change it to
> /opt/rt3, I get a 500 internal server error.  This way I get the Almost
> there page.

Ben,
You should be using /opt/rt3 not 34. That tells apache to use the Perl
Handler RT::Mason for anything in /opt/rt3. Without it, mason isn't
interpretting the HTML in /opt/rt3/ and so you get the stock nearly there
message.
Look at the apache error log when you get the 500 error. That may tell you
more. It could be that you don't have the database set up properly, or are
missing some crucial dependencies. I think they both would give you a 500
error. There are quite a few reasons you could be getting 500 messages but
your apache logs should provide some more clue,

Andrew