[rt-users] Clearing RT3 and restoring

Shannon Adams shannon_adams68 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 23:19:12 EDT 2006

I have RT 3.6.0 configured and running on a test
server.  In trying to restore my live RT 3.4.3
database  backup into 3.6.0, I get the following
error:

ERROR 1153 (08S01) at line 80: Got a packet bigger
than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes

I changed my my.cnf to include:
[mysqld]
max_allowed_packet=16M

I have much less available disk space now that the
first attempt at restoring aborted.  How do I clear
the rt3 database to free up some space so that I can
restart the restore?  Also is 16M the recommended size
for max_allowed_packet?

Thanks,
Shannon