[rt-users] Autoselect Asset on Customfield value

Roy Frenkiel royf at qballtech.net
Sun Dec 3 04:46:03 EST 2006

Hi,

On the system we're using the asset system is used to manage customers.

Currently, each ticket has a custom field value that indicates to
which customer it is relevant, and it also has a link to the relevant
customer in the asset tracker. This link to the asset tracker needs to
be made manually, which is very uncomfortable.

What I would like to do is a scrip, that links automatically the
correct customer in the asset tracker to the ticket, based on the
value selected in the "company" custom field.

If anyone had already done something similar with their system I would
like to get his input.

I'm using RT 3.4.5

Thanks,

Roy