[rt-users] Shredder Users plugin error about invalid characters

Mathew Snyder theillien at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 6 23:22:39 EST 2006

I have a script that gathers up all the newest spam users created over the
course of a day and iterates over each one calling rtx-shredder with the Users
plugin.

It occassionaly spits out an error thusly:
Couldn't load plugin
Error: Invalid characters in email 'aecrhirzjm at directline-holidays.co.uk'

The email address that cause the error are pretty much the same format as that
above with the hyphen in the domain part.  I'm guessing that is the error's
cause.  The strange thing though is that I've never received this error when
running the plugin from the UI.

Also, how do I call Shredder as RT::SystemUser so I don't get the
"RT::User=HASH(0xb01b258) was created without a CurrentUser" error?

Mathew