[rt-users] RE: RT-Users Digest, Vol 33, Issue 21

Harald Kapper hk at kapper.net
Mon Dec 11 16:31:51 EST 2006

> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 19:27:51 +0200
> From: Niko Tyni <ntyni+rt-users at mappi.helsinki.fi>
> Subject: Re: [rt-users] RT 3.6.1 stops sending out emails
> To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
>
> On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 03:57:45PM +0100, Harald Kapper wrote:
>
> > he've a perfectly working RT 3.6.1 (on debian etch).
> >
> > Only problem is that sometimes RT simply stops to send out
> emails (comments,
> > replys) to just anyone - as if it lost it's email-interface
> somehow, also no
> > correspondences are then tracked in the ticket (which is
> quite right, but
> > basically not the wanted functionality).
> >
> > Restarting the apache2 it's running in helps.
>
> Hi,
>
> are you using mod_perl2? Is there anything in the error log?
>
> What's in $RT::MailCommand, ie. have you set it to something else than
> the default 'sendmailpipe'?
>
> I think you might be hitting a Debian bug #384622 [1] in mod_perl2:
> "localizing %ENV causes a segmentation fault". The code in 3.6.1
> lib/RT/Action/SendEmail.pm uses 'local $ENV{MAILADDRESS}'.
>
> [1] http://bugs.debian.org/384622
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Niko Tyni	ntyni at iki.fi

Dear Niko,
Thank you for your suggestions - it might indeed be related but the
MailCommand is in default (aka sendmailpipe) the point is that this
behaviour is not regular, it hits us eg. Once a week then it comes back on a
daily basis - basically we have no rule here, so I'd not expect the
mentioned env-bug to be hitting this as this setup usually works for days or
weeks before stopping to send emails out.

Thank you in advance
Harald Kapper