[rt-users] Tracking requestors by type?

Bill Bill at explosivo.com
Mon Dec 11 17:02:41 EST 2006

Hi,

I have a feeling I know the answer to this already, but thought I would ask around a bit.

We have a bunch of people who e-mail into RT for support.  We'd like to be able to query and report on three different kinds of users - basically students, staff and teachers.  We can accept doing the latter two and assuming everyone else is a student.

Is it possible to edit the users who just e-mail in so that we can tag them as something the first time they e-mail in?  I was thinking custom field, but I cannot figure out how to do that with all the users without a formal account in RT.

Otherwise, we will be creating accounts for the teachers and staff and tagging them.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated...