[rt-users] Problems upgrading RTFM to 2.2.0RC4

Bill Davis daviswj at comcast.net
Mon Dec 18 20:02:22 EST 2006

I'm using RT 3.6.1 with an unknown version of RTFM installed (though I
think it is probably RTFM 2.1.40 based on the time frame installed) and
am trying to migrate to RTFM 2.2.0RC4.  Downloaded the file, read the
README file, didn't seem to fit the upgrade instructions (not upgrading
from a 2.0.x release), ... so tried the normal install instructions
(make Makefile.PL, make install), omitted "make initdb" because it
wasn't an "initial install", stopped and started the webserver.

Appears I now have an upgraded version, however all previous RTFM
articles, while they still exist, have no content.

Before I muck it up further would appreciate some advice:

1.  How do you tell what version of RTFM is installed? ... I can't seem
to find it anywhere?
2. How can I get my article content back & properly complete the
upgrade? ... should I run the "make initdb" command or will this
overwrite the existing tables in the database?

Any assistance greatly appreciated ...

Bill Davis