[rt-users] Problems with RTFM, e.g. search on custom fields

Ulrike Lindemann Ulrike.Lindemann at desy.de
Tue Dec 19 11:39:34 EST 2006

Hi,
we run RT 3.6.1, RTFM 2.2.0RC4 on a Scientific Linux (RHEL based) and we
have problems concerning the Search function namely the search on the
custom fields.

1)
When replying to a ticket, we put a search term in "Search for RTFM
articles matching"
Every article is listed twice, if the search term occurs in the title
and in a custom field. A occurence in the summary is not listed twice.

2)
We defined several custom  fields for an article of the RTFM and would
like to search on these custom fields.
We do it as follows:
- click on Overview in the RTFM
- click on one class
- then edit the search criteria
	- select in the advanced search a custom field and enter a search term
- results in a list of all articles of that class

Bookmarkable Link is e.g.
https://..../RTFM/Article/Search.html?Problem~=outlook&class=6

3)
In addition we have a request concerning the layout of the articles.
Would it be possible to eliminate the bullets, which leads the fields.

Any ideas or questions to the setup are welcome!

Thanks, Ulrike