[rt-users] permissions on etc dir files.

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Tue Dec 19 15:32:08 EST 2006

I was just updating the FreeBSD port to rt 3.6.2 and finally got
around to digging into why there are funky file permissions on the
etc files.  For some reason they are all set to 0500 permissions, but
not a single file there needs to be executable...  Shouldn't they get
0400 instead?  Also, I'd like to suggest that the config files be
chgrp'd to the WEB_GROUP group to ensure that the http server can
read them.  Otherwise RT fails to run.

I'm patching these changes into the FreeBSD port for now, but I think
they ought to be in the original sources.