[rt-users] Rights for CustomFields / Adding list of "Applies to Queues" when creating a new custom field.

Jared Hanks jmhanks1373 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 20 12:56:11 EST 2006

Hello,

I have been trying to figure out the best way for someone to create/modify/assign a custom field to a specific queue, but can't seem to figure out the correct rights to be able to do this.  I have a group of users that have access to 2 queues.  One queue they can only create, comment, and reply to a ticket.  The second queue they have the ability to "work" tickets (i.e. they can create/take/reply/comment/resolve/etc tickets in this queue).  I would like to be able to have a user create a new custom field for tickets in their "workable" queue, but not make any changes to any custom fields that aren't applicable to their "non-workable" queues.  Any one have any ideas on how to make this happen?  I can create custom fields for their "workable" queue and manually set the custom fields to have the correct rights in the "workable" queue, but I would rather them have the ability to create a custom field and assign it to their queue and be able to modify the custom field in their tickets.  I have the following permissions set up:

Global Group Rights:

AdminCustomFieldShowConfigTab

Group Rights for Queue:

AssignCustomFieldsCreateTicketModifyTicketOwnTicketSeeQueueShowACLShowOutgoingEmailShowTicketShowTicketCommentsStealTicketTakeTicket

These rights allow a user to create a custom field, but they can't see it once created, only people with the Global right SeeCustomField and ModifyCustomField can access these.  After the custom field is created I have to modify the custom field to have the SeeCustomField and ModifyCustomField for the group of users to modify the custom field.

Is there a way that when a custom field is created the "Applies to Queues" can show up in the new custom field form?  Is there a way to have a user have "admin" access to any custom field that "Applies to" their queue that they have ModifyTicket in?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jared