[rt-users] Automatic Wake Up a stalled ticket

Raphael Berlamont Raphael.berlamont at raphux.com
Thu Dec 28 09:11:39 EST 2006

Hello list,

My RT users would like to have the following feature :
For example when someone Open a Ticket for a device that seems not to be
working, but the real reason is that the device is beeing repaired, the L1
support team makes that ticket "Stalled". They would like RT to
automaticaly "re-open" that ticket at a given date/time.

As we don't use the "due" field (didn't find how/where to configure it),
we thought we could use it to enter a "wake up" date, and then, with a
cron job, regurally get all stalled ticket, and makes "open" those which
need to.

I have two questions :
- Is it a good way to do this?
- Why, when I open a ticket, the due field is automatically filled?

Thanks for any help,

Best Regards,

--
Raph.