[rt-users] Stripping email history from reply mail body

Chris Boothroyd chrisboothroyd at trentu.ca
Fri Feb 3 11:45:24 EST 2006

Very interested!
If you're willing to provide the code it would be much appreciated!

Chris Boothroyd
Technical Support
Trent University
(705) 748-1011 x7066

>>> Joby Walker <joby at u.washington.edu> 03/02/2006 11:28 am >>>
Stripping history like this isn't as easy as you think.  There are many
email clients (mostly webclients) that don't handle the history block
well, and will wrap lines of history without indenting them.  And if
someone replies inline stripping the history can make the response
unintelligable.

We don't strip anything, but we do hide history.  In the history
display, for each attachment, we wrap from the first quoted element to
the end of the attachment in a Titlebox that's content is hidden by
default.  So if the user wants to view the text all they need to do is
expand the box.

If others are interested we can provide code.

jbw