[rt-users] Fickle owner changes

Jonathan Godbeer JonathanG at pyramidcorporation.com
Mon Feb 6 12:13:09 EST 2006

I started looking into my issue and realized that part of the problem is I am creating a scrip to run off of OnOwnerChange when I should be making a custom condition.

This queue is used for purchasing. We get a request and fill out what information we are given. We then do the footwork and fill in the remaining fields after researching needs and costs. Once that is done I wanted to have a specific template sent to the owner to be printed out and handed off to the paper bureaucracy.

I had initially set it up so that once the information was inputted, the person working the ticket would assign themself ownership and receive the form to print in the e-mail. The system is not recognizing the owner change in certain situations.

What I would like to do now then is to have the template I have created be sent to the owner when a specific custom field is set from a null value to a string value.

Here is what I have so far from reading through related articles:

if (($self->TransactionObj->Type eq "CustomField") and

($self->TransactionObj->Field eq "purch_vendor") and

($self->TransactionObj->NewValue ne 0)) {

return(1);

} else {

return(undef);

}

Now one thing that I realized from reading up is that the Field eq "purch_vendor" will probably not work. I read that you need to specify the field's ID. How do I call on that information?

Thanks