[rt-users] Building Upon the Concept from AutogeneratedPassword

doogles at doogles.com doogles at doogles.com
Mon Feb 13 05:46:37 EST 2006

RT Users--

(I'm running RT 3.4.5.)

I recently modified my Autocreate templates to include the logic suggested
in the AutogeneratedPassword page in the BestPractical wiki.  This works
well.  However, my user base has a usage pattern which has them
interfacing with RT "once and awhile", and they tend to forget what their
password is.

I would like to build upon the AutogeneratedPassword template to email
username/password every time they open up a ticket.

I tried a couple of different things without success.  Would anyone care
to suggest the 'right' way to accomplish this?  I would be happy to update
the Wiki after I successfully implement this.

Thanks!,
-jd