[rt-users] ExtractCustomFieldValues and ContentObj question

Flynn, Timothy J timothy-flynn at uiowa.edu
Tue Feb 14 11:58:47 EST 2006

This is on RT 3.4.4, redhat.

I'm using the ExtractCustomFieldValues add on to read in the fields from
an email.  This doesn't seem to be compatible with attachments so I came
up with what I thought was a fix, but it only works 50% of the time.  In
ExtractCustomFieldValues.pm I made the changes below:

I changed the line:
my $FirstAttachment = $Transaction->Attachments->First;

To read:
my $FirstAttachment = $Transaction->ContentObj;

Based on the description for ContentObj in the Transaction_Overlay.pm it
looks for the text part of the content which is exactly what I am after,
and returns that attachment.  Seemed to work good at first, attachments
came in fine along with custom fields.

Then, when I would send the exact same email (generated from a program,
no changes) I would get this error in the RT log, ... Sometimes :) .

Can't locate object method "ContentObj" via package
"RT::Action::ExtractCustomFieldValues"

And a stack dump...

Any idea why the ContentObj would exist sometimes and not others with
the same data on a new ticket each time?  Is there something in the
background that is just completing before I call this sometimes and not
others?

I didn't really want to just duplicate what ContentObj does in
ExtractCustomFieldValues.pm but I guess I can if that's what it needs.

Thanks!

-Tim