[rt-users] VMware player RT anyone?

Joop van de Wege JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl
Fri Feb 17 02:44:06 EST 2006

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 14:30:06 -0500 (EST)
rt-users-request at lists.bestpractical.com wrote:

> Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 12:59:22 -0600
> From: Les Mikesell <les at futuresource.com>
> Subject: [rt-users] VMware player RT anyone?
> To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
>
> Now that VMware has released the free player and beta server
> programs people are starting to build canned applications
> as virtual machine images along with the different free
> OS versions at http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/vm/community.html.
> I see twiki is there (on a debian stable base).  Having
> RT also in a download/run package would be a great way
> to avoid the perl module mess when installing at least
> for proof of concept testing and low volume sites - and
> it could even run on a windows host if necessary.  I can
> barely muddle through my own installs though.  Is anyone
> interested in building the image?
I'm working on this.
System will be a working rt-3.4.5 install with AT and RTFM-2.2.RC1 and
probably using Oracle XE as a backend.
Further I might setup one or two selfcontained 'demo' rt's using
'in-place' configure option  and sqlite.

Joop

PS:
I have this setup running on a FC4 VMware VM right now.

--
Joop van de Wege <JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl>