[rt-users] Can't install the PerlModule 5.8.3?

zhou jian sunzhoujian at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 17 16:57:11 EST 2006

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?ManualInstallation
SETTING UP THE WEB INTERFACE

RT's web interface is based around HTML::Mason, which
works best with the mod_perl perl interpreter within
Apache httpd. Alternatively, support for the FastCGI
(and plain CGI) interface is also provided as
'bin/mason_handler.fcgi'. Setting up either of these
can be fairly intricate; don't get discouraged if it
takes you some time to get this right.

Probably I didn't address more background to my
problem. I am setting up the WEB INTERFACE right now.
By your definition, it should be a configuration
problem. I configured like below:

Alias /rt "/opt/rt3/share/html"
PerlModule Apache::DBI
PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html>
  AllowOverride All
  Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
  <IfModule mod_access.c>
        Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
  </IfModule>
</Directory>

<Location /rt>
  RewriteEngine On
  RedirectMatch permanent (.*)/$ $1/index.html
  AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Location>

Then I tried to start the httpd server and encountered
the PerlModule problem.

I checked that my rt is installed in directly
/usr/local/rt
however, my apache server also installed the same
level,
/usr/local/apache

[root at osg-tg2 rt]# pwd
/usr/local/rt
[root at osg-tg2 rt]# ls
etc  html  lib  po

I hope that I have given you enough information.
Thanks!

--Paul