[rt-users] 'Organisation' stuck as 'example.com' in RT 3.4.5 on Gentoo

Corey corey_s at qwest.net
Fri Feb 17 18:00:07 EST 2006

On Friday February 17 2006 2:19 am, Matt Robinson wrote:
<snip>
> Corey - your suggestion really helped in finding what was going on. I
> checked the mason_data directories and did as you suggested in my vhost
> location, no joy. I then checked in the central webapp-config repository
> (/usr/share/webapps/rt/3.4.5/hostroot/rt-3.4.5/var/mason_data) and found
> that apache2 was actually using *this* location for the mason cache!
>
> From there I found that it was also using the RT_Config.pm file from
> this location too. Changing this copy of RT_Config.pm, clearing mason
> cache and restarting apache solved my issue.

Quite possibly a bug either in the rt ebuild, or in webapp-config.

I recently had run into this very same issue, but figured it was something I
had done wrong in the install or due to the fact that I had 'ported' the
3.4.5 ebuild to use the 3.5.7 release of RT.

I'll see if I can reproduce this again using the 3.4.5 ebuild.

The whole point of webapp-config is to ensure that you can have multiple
separate instances of the app in question running; so if the /usr/share/ base
is being used rather than the /var/www/ base, then something's definitely
amiss.