[rt-users] rt database w/ multiple instances

Corey corey_s at qwest.net
Sat Feb 18 16:09:46 EST 2006

Probably an obvious question, but I just want to be certain.

If I have multiple virtual-hosts on a server, should each vhost have it's own
rt database created, such as 'rt3_<vhost>' - or can they all use the same
database: 'rt3'?

I get the feeling either way would work, but I'm wondering what the "best
practice" would be - advice?

If the vhosts in question were wholly separate/non-associated
domains/users/accounts/whatever, it seems that sharing the same database
would be a poor choice.

Thanks,

Corey