[rt-users] VMware player RT anyone?

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Wed Feb 22 06:24:51 EST 2006

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Now that VMware has released the free player and beta server
> programs people are starting to build canned applications
> as virtual machine images along with the different free
> OS versions at http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/vm/community.html.
> I see twiki is there (on a debian stable base).  Having
> RT also in a download/run package would be a great way
> to avoid the perl module mess when installing at least
> for proof of concept testing and low volume sites - and
> it could even run on a windows host if necessary.  I can
> barely muddle through my own installs though.  Is anyone
> interested in building the image?

I'd suggest FreeBSD6+postgresql.

The FreeBSD5.4+postgresql combo has been working here flawlessly for
almost a year - and almost from the start.

I think the next version of ESX-server is supposed to support FreeBSD6.

Unfortunately, I've got little time to undertake this at the moment -
and my GSX-testserver is currently in use with Virtuozzo...

cu,
Rainer