[rt-users] Trouble installing rt-3.4.5 on Fedora Core 3

John Boris jboris at adphila.org
Thu Feb 23 08:51:23 EST 2006

I have been struggling with this for a week now. I upgraded my MySQL to
4.1.18-standard. I can access the database from the command line but it
looks like my PHP connection to the DB has been broken. I have other
apps that use the database (Nuke, Keystone, Asset Manager) all of these
worked just fine until I started trying to get RT installed with all of
its dependancies. I am now up against a problem which I believe is
associated with php-mysql. That module is not loaded. When I try to load
the rpm for php-mysql I can't get the right package for version 4.1-18
of MySQL. The rpm and yum don't see the MySQL installation because it is
looking for mysql not MySQL. At least that is what I can figure out. I
have asked other questions about this install and I keep getting the
answers that I have to upgrade the Fedora Install but I am afraid that
my Nuke installation will need upgrading. It looks like a never ending
battle of upgrades.
I just wanted to use RT instead of Keystone.

PHP itself is working as I can get a phpinfo page from the server so it
is the php connection between mysql and php that I need.

TIA

John J. Boris, Sr.
JEN-A-SyS Administrator
Archdiocese of Philadelphia

"Remember! That light at the end of the tunnel
Just might be the headlight of an oncoming train!"