[rt-users] Scrip question : Global symbol requires explicit package name

Maxime Levasseur maxime.levasseur at b3g-telecom.com
Mon Feb 27 06:37:26 EST 2006

Hi all,

I'm not a scrip master and i don't understand how to solve my problem.

I got several queues and a want the scrip to apply to all queues EXCEPT
in one ( ie queue 'Alpha' ) .. .. so my scrip has been created in the
global configuration / scrip menu, and i wrote the following custom
condition :

if( $self->TransactionObj->Type eq 'Create' &&
     $Ticket->QueueObj->Name ne 'Alpha' ) {
	return 1;
} else {
	return 0;
}

When a ticket is created, the scrip doesnt apply and i can see in my logs :

' .. Scrip 17 IsApplicable failed: Global symbol "$Ticket" requires
explicit package name at (eval 637) line 2.
(/usr/local/rt3/lib/RT/Condition/UserDefined.pm:67) '

Is it a perl issue  ( 5.8.6 is used ) or just a syntax problem ?

Thanks for your help & feedback.

Max.