[rt-users] RTx-shredder with a very large database

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 28 11:16:52 EST 2006

At Monday 2/27/2006 01:37 PM, Jim Faulkner wrote:

>  /opt/rt3/sbin/rtx-shredder --force --plugin
>'Tickets=queue,ZZSpam;limit,20'
>
>And it took 23 minutes and 17 seconds to complete.  Obviously if it takes
>that long to delete 20 tickets, I cannot use the tool to clean out 250,000
>tickets.
>
>Is there anything I can do to make rtx-shredder significantly faster?  If
>not, does anyone have any advice as to how I should go about cleaning out
>this massive queue?
>
>thanks for any help,
>Jim Faulkner

Hello Jim,

This doesn't solve the problem, but we have been able to shred about 330
tickets per hour, about 4,000 per night. So you should expect faster
performance than you've been getting.

How about shredding a single ticket while monitoring all the database
statements that this invokes. It may help you determine exactly what is
slowing things down.

Good luck,
Steve