[rt-users] How to create "preps" in RT

Onkar Singh onkars at wolfram.com
Mon Jan 2 19:17:37 EST 2006

Hello,

Thanks for your pointers. I finally had the RTFM installed. I am
partially getting the desired behavior. I will describe in step-by-step
what I did and then maybe you gentlemen can point to me my mistake. I
will be very thankful for your help: (I am really sorry for the length
of the email, but wanted to elaborate all the steps that I am doing):

1. Created a class for RTFM called 'TS-support-test'

2. I created a CustomField called test-cf with the following properties:
Name: test-cf
Type: FreeformMultiple

3. Then created a New Article under the 'TS-support-test class'. I type
the required text for this article by modifying the article. The text is:
"Hello,
Thanks for your email.
--
{$Ticket->OwnerObj->Name()} Technical Support
"

Now, here is the problem:

1. When I go to reply to a ticket, I click on Reply and then click on
"Extract Article". This does not give me a list of the RTFM articles,
rather I have to type in "regular" in the search to find the article.
Is there a setting that all the available RTFM articles are visible and
the user just needs to select the one that he wants?

2. The ticket's owner is not extracted from the {
$Ticket->OwnerObj->Name()}. Rather this is printed as such.
How to fix this?

3. The text of the extracted article is the following:
"
#2: Regular
-----------
Regular Prep
test-cf: Hello,
Thank you for the email.
--
$Ticket->OwnerObj->Name()
Technical Support

The documentation that I have is "RTFM The RT FAQ Manager". If there is
any other source, please do point me to it.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Onkar